Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A challenge for my readers:

Okay, here it is.

I saw a blog the other day called 30 Letters in 30 Days. It has taken me a few days to decide how to make it my own. When I write, it has to be important to me. It has to have a purpose. The first thing I did was read the letters the blogger had already written. The fact that I had read the twenty that had been completed in a matter of  ten minutes, was my first sign of what a challenge this would be for me. I decided that I had better go through the list and make sure that I amended it until I had 30 letters to be written that would be valuable in some way. It is my hope that my letters will be valuable to not only myself and the recipient, but to you all as readers. I have gone back and forth on whether to limit myself on this as far as the length of my letters and decided against it. I did so for this reason: I do not limit myself when I am writing any other time, so why start now? I want to be able to get all of my points across without having to exclude some due to length restrictions. Lastly, I considered whether or not to do this on my own before sharing it. My decision on that was that although I know I am commiting to a very time consuming challenge, it is your expectations of each new letter that will hold me to making sure it is done. I am including you all and want as many of you as possible to accept this challenge.

I was really nervous about the commitment that comes with this project. I spoke to Dan on Saturday and was reassured that I could do it. He also had a great idea to expand on this project. Why not write these letters on some nice stationary and send them out to people this holiday season? I cannot think of a single person who would rather receive a tie or slippers this Christmas than a letter written from the heart. Listed here are the list of 30 that I originally stumbled upon:

Day 01 - Your best friend
Day 02 - Your crush
Day 03 - Your parents
Day 04 - Your sibling
Day 05 - Your dreams
Day 06 - A stranger
Day 07 - Your ex boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush
Day 08 - Your favorite internet friend
Day 09 - Someone you wish you could meet
Day 10 - Someone you don’t talk to as often as you’d like
Day 11 - A deceased person you wish you could talk to
Day 12 - The person you hate the most/caused you a lot of pain
Day 13 - Someone you wish could forgive you
Day 14 - Someone you’ve drifted away from
Day 15 - The person you miss the most
Day 16 - Someone that’s not in your state/country
Day 17 - Someone from your childhood
Day 18 - The person you wish you could be
Day 19 - Someone that pesters your mind - good or bad
Day 20 - Someone that broke your heart the hardest
Day 21 - Someone you judged by their first impression
Day 22 - Someone you want to give a second chance
Day 23 - The last person you kissed
Day 24 - The person who gave you your favorite memory
Day 25 - The person you know is going through the worst of times
Day 26 - The last person you made a pinky promise to
Day 27 - The friendliest person you knew for only a day
Day 28 - Someone that changed your life
Day 29 - The person that you want to tell everything to, but are too afraid
Day 30 - Your reflection in the mirror

I want you to compile a list of 30 people to whom you have something meaningful to say. Use this as a guideline to write your own. There are really no rules. I will announce my list tomorrow and begin my letters on Saturday to avoid  interfering with anyone's hectic Thanksgiving schedule. This means you have until Saturday to complete your list. Take your time and make it count. 

11/21/11

No comments:

Post a Comment